Tuesday, December 16, 2008

France



My sister is away in France visiting her BFF, who is teaching English to high school age kids for a few months. WELL, France wants to make them take a standardized test and the kids are having NONE OF THAT. The entire country has united together and the students are boycotting school and protesting. My sister and her BFF went to the school the other day and the kids were standing out in front of it protesting and they had a big bond fire going to keep warm. That could easily turn into a riot.




You know what I think I would rather take the test then stand out in the cold in the middle of winter in France. She is staying north of Paris so that gives you an idea how cold. BRRRRR




Silly French Kids... Here in America we have had standardized tests since elementary school. They were called TCAPS. Oh how I hated them. If I would have known that we could all rally together and protest them I sure would have done that. But alas we dont have unity like that here. Or not about tests. We just accept the fact that we need to take them because that is what we do. I say CHEERS to you French Kids for taking a stand and saying no to standardized tests. WAY to all stay equal. Way to not want to have a test judge you and your intellect.


School at night after a day of striking

Students during the day

No comments: